Migrating PeopleSoft, Kronos & EDW to Oracle Cloud
East Jefferson General Hospital (EJGH) has utilized Cerner and their remote hosting services for over a decade. The cost of Oracle licensing and annual maintenance support for their PeopleSoft ERP, Kronos timekeeping and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) applications was far too costly to remain at Cerner’s hosting facilities.
The goal was to migrate these applications to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and reduce the cost of Oracle support costs by more than 50 percent.
The challenges confronting EJGH was sizing the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) appropriately and migrating the applications while maintaining the required data interfaces with Cerner Millennium. Both EJGH and Cerner did not have experience with OCI.
To support the migration of the EJGH applications, HealthTech Advisors was selected to assist with following.
- Develop the OCI architecture for the three applications
- Configure the OCI environment and installing the applications and databases
- Perform the exhaustive testing of the non-production (e.g. build, test, training) and production environments
- Migrate the data from the Oracle databases to OCI
- Validate all data sets prior to go-live
- Manage the go-live transition and post go-live support
As a result of our assistance, East Jefferson General Hospital has been able to :
- Successfully migrate the applications to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Assure that the application services are protected with OCI multi-location redundancy for rapid recovery in case of a disaster event
- Reduce the cost of Oracle database annual maintenance
- Eliminate the cost of Cerner hosting for the three applications