Implementing Epic at clinics in a new shared-services joint ventureSurface Transport & Logistics
Capital Area Shared Services Organization (“CASSO”) is a joint venture between the Baton Rouge Clinic, Our Lady of the Lake Physician Group and St. Elizabeth Physicians to implement Epic to support the efficient care and services provided by each of the three independent entities as health care providers.
Being a new joint venture, CASSO was in the forming stage when the principals of HealthTech Advisors were selected to assist with Epic EHR planning and implementation. For a period of nine months, extensive planning was conducted for the clinical operational requirements and technical infrastructure. The team was built with resources from the joint venture entities and none had previously worked with Epic.
The key services provided to CASSO include:
- Rapidly building a technical team to support the on-site implementation of Epic
- Managing the integration team which had the responsibility of interfacing Epic with three other hospital-based EHR systems
- Acquiring all infrastructure technology and provision the data center for Epic hosting
- Determining requirements, build Epic, test and go-live
- Provision of post go-live technical support for three months
As a result of our assistance, CASSO was able to:
- Go-live with Epic within the planned timeline and budget
- Train more than 300 physicians and 500+ nurses
- Establish one integrated patient record across three organizations which improved patient care in the community