One Brooklyn Health System selects HealthTech Advisors as Strategic Partner for IT Transformation
- October 1, 2019
- Posted by: Author
- Category: News
HealthTech Advisors is pleased to announce the award of a multi-year contract to support the creation of One Brooklyn Health System in New York City.
Over the past decade, the hospitals that comprise One Brooklyn Health System (OBHS) have operated independently in overlapping catchment areas and have each have challenges with payor reimbursements and revenue. In 2016, the NYS Department of Health retained Northwell Health to make recommendations on how to restructure healthcare and bring independent, stand-alone hospitals together to transform healthcare in central and northeastern Brooklyn.
It was recognized that a significant investment would be required to merge the OBHS hospitals into an integrated healthcare system as well as an investment in their information technology systems and infrastructure. Many of the hospitals’ IT systems currently operate on aged or fragile technology, and in some cases are no longer supported by their manufacturers.
To operate as an integrated healthcare organization, improve patient care, and increase revenue, OBHS requires an integrated Electronic Health Record (EHR) and related clinical applications. It is also critical to invest in IT infrastructure as the foundation of the computing and data communication environments. Using an EHR across multiple hospitals and clinics requires a computing infrastructure that is highly reliable with standardized ancillary systems to support the efficient use of clinical data and avoidance of errors.
During the next two years, HealthTech Advisors will assist OBHS with numerous projects, including:
- Implementation of Epic across the new health system for inpatient and ambulatory services, and patient accounting services
- Selection and implementation of a new PACS for enterprise diagnostic imaging services
- Replacement of aging IT infrastructure technologies
- Introduction of new technologies to support the integration of the OBHS hospitals and clinics
- Develop a Project Management Office for the combined IT organization
- Management of legacy HIS and clinical systems while the new EHR is implemented
Jeff White and Guy Scalzi, principals of HealthTech Advisors, will lead a team healthcare IT professionals, physicians, nurses, and project managers to ensure the success of the IT Projects as part of the overall NYSDOH Grant Transformation Program.